Arcore – Villa Borromeo D’Adda, the historic noble residence, which in the past was also a film set, reopens to the public after a radical restoration.
The villa is the result of the transformation – which took place between 1840 and 1845 by the architects Giuseppe Balzaretto and Emilio Alemagna (the author of the Sempione Park in Milan) – of a pre-existing eighteenth-century building.
The multipurpose spaces will be reused for exhibitions and events, but also to give headquarters to organizations and associations present in the area.
A full glass panoramic elevator connects the various levels of the building. “Light”, minimalist intervention, which integrates and “dialogues” with discretion with the Rococo volumes of the villa.