The complex of buildings of what was once the FIAT factory of the Lingotto was inaugurated on May 22, 1923 to be completed in 1930. Once production was discontinued in favor of more modern and functional factories, in 1985 it was entrusted to the Genoese architect Renzo Piano and to his studio Renzo Piano Building Workshop the task of the renovation. Inside the former complex there are in addition to the hotel, the exhibition halls, shopping center, restaurants and the Pinacoteca Agnelli.
In the large hall of the Double Tree Torino Lingotto hotel (formerly Le Meridien) the three super panoramic elevators by Maspero Elevatori stand out.
Super panoramic cabins with a capacity of 630 kg and a capacity of 8 people.